Monday, 12 March 2012 23:39
Registration in Belarus is obligatory for foreigners coming to the country for over 5 working days. Saturday, Sunday and state holidays aren’t working days. That’s why you can stay up to one week (5 working days + Saturday and Sunday) without registration.
In order to get the registration you must come to one of the Migration and Citizenship Departments with the accommodation provider. Don’t forget to take the necessary documents with you:
- Belarusian medical insurance;
- Migration card. You will get it on the border or at the airport when you pass through the passport control. Make sure you won’t lose it as migration card is an official document. Please note if you’ve got the card in Russia you will use it in Belarus.
- Bank receipt for the state fees payment. You don’t need to pay the state fee if you have a tourist visa.
After filling in a registration application form you’ll get a stamp on your migration card.
The registration is easy if you follow several steps:
- The registration process is different if you have a business visa. In that case you’ll also need a special form from the company that invited you to Belarus.
- If you decided to extend the registration you will have to do this before the registration expires.
- The registration in the hotels is provided at the reception. You don’t need to go to the Migration and Citizenship Department.
The Migration and Citizenship Department (police registration office) is opened:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 08:00 till 13:00
Tuesday and Friday from 11:00 till 15:00 and from 16:00 till 20:00
Sunday – day off.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 April 2012 23:37